A range of Napoleonic wargame figures designed to be compatible with Hinton Hunt figures - (22mm from bottom of foot to eye level)
Commissioned by Ron Marshall for personal use and as a labour of love although made available to others at near cost price to help defray costs of the limited runs.
Designed and sculptured by Andy Stadden (son of the renowned Charles Stadden)

Saturday, May 8, 2010

What Pose Should A Skirmisher Have?



What's the best or most optimum pose to utilize for a skirmisher (Jager)?

Marching, Advancing, Running, Firing or Kneeling Firing/Loading.

I have to make a decision soon on which pose to chose - so I welcome opinions/input.

5 comments:

  1. If I had to pick one pose, it would be "advancing". Of course a mixture of poses always looks the most "skirmish-y" but it also is the most expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I like my skirmishers firing. That's what they are there for!

    I suppose if they act in pairs, and I realise you may only want one figure, but one firing and one loading would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see more skirmishers in overcoats, preferably firing and loading in pairs as they operated in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. skirmishers do look odd if they are all doing the same thing. I like Clive's suggestion of paired firing and loading, but if you can have only one position then advancing, running from cover to cover is best.
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go for the loading and firing option also

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I have to Moderate Comments - all kinds of adverts are appearing in the comments. I will update daily so post away please.