A range of Napoleonic wargame figures designed to be compatible with Hinton Hunt figures - (22mm from bottom of foot to eye level)
Commissioned by Ron Marshall for personal use and as a labour of love although made available to others at near cost price to help defray costs of the limited runs.
Designed and sculptured by Andy Stadden (son of the renowned Charles Stadden)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

What Nationality Next?



I am seeking ideas and preferences on nationalities or figures to plan for next

Anybody interested in French Light & Line same figures as HH - possibly slight mods from original figures only?

Or some pre-1812 uniform French Line and Light - long tailed coat, Shakos with cords and plumes - long black gaiters?

French Line Foot and Horse Artillery - again only slight mods?

Bavarians, Saxons, Poles or Wurtemburgers anyone?

Or what?

4 comments:

  1. My vote would be for French pre-1812. I have plenty of elite HH French units but not so many of the line. Would also like French artillery - Line Foot as a higher preference to Line Horse simply out of practicality. Slight mods to HH originals would be ideal as they'd fit in so well with existing HH. I don't buy any wargame figures in the Summer (there's so much else to do) but come the November early nights and I'll be back with the brush. Cheers. Clive {N}

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I will definately purchase more Austrians, (as soon as I get through paying off my children) I have a large number of French, so I am not interested in those right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,
    I would find it logical that you concentrate on the Austrian adversaries, that is pre-1812 French line with fusiliers, grenadiers and voltigeurs, particularly in marching order. The light infantry will soon be catered for by HAT, but you may still give it a try.
    There's a lot of artillery sets on the market already, metal and plastic, so I don't know if that's such a good idea.
    Other than that, I think Poles and some of the Confederation of the Rhine troops like Westphalians, Baden, Hesse-Darmstadt, Saxons and Wurttembergers may do very well in complementing other armies. Can't wait until these come out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for Poles and Saxons. As mainly a 1/72 plastics collector the one thing that is missing are officers for all the major powers involved. When I saw your Austrian Officers, I was absolutely delighted, you hit the nail on the head. We need sets like this for France, Russia,
    Prussia,Britain, Spain etc...Generic generals (especially Div. Generals) Field Marshals and Aides. Hope to see more of these in the future.
    Paul K.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I have to Moderate Comments - all kinds of adverts are appearing in the comments. I will update daily so post away please.